Welcome

Here's a quick haiku
To introduce me to you.
Do you like the view?

Okay, yeah, I know that was lame. but hey, a rhyming haiku on the spot isn't bad is it? So, welcome to my blog! This will mostly be used to get some interest and feedback on my writing that I've been doing in hopes that by the time I finish my books will be better than if I hadn't done this. I would appreciate comments with your opinions, what you like and don't like, etc.

---Thank you to those who have visited my blog! Deepest apologies for not updating as often as I intended to, I am working on fixing that. Thank you for your time and support, it mean's an incredible amount to me! *Please do have any friends and family you have that may enjoy some of what I write check it out and vote on the poll!!!*---

**Be sure to check the bottom of the page for information and a link about my novel Reversing Retribution which will be made into a movie by Mystic Arts Entertainment**

Thank you everyone for visiting, and hopefully reading so long as your here. Let's hope I don't fall out of my daily writing again any time soon!!!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Poem: A Look In the Hall of Life


Soul lies ripped and torn, to get up just to say ‘I’m fine.’
Patience, frail and thin, foot tapping, waiting for a sign.
Hope’s gaze slowly drops down, unable to see the sun shine,
And with a tortured, lie of smile picks up a nearby dime.
 
Perseverance continues ahead, on the floor in a crawl,
Where precious few see that effort, for they’re too tall.
And ragged loneliness leans, restlessly, against the wall,
In this ever twisting hall of life, where every step can be a fall.



It's different from my usual poetry, so please let me know what you think.

Thank you,

Jake Smiley

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I think you should add a little section that explains what you're trying to say.

    It's interesting to picture people in various stages of life going through this hallway. It's very interesting imagery, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is the exact reason I don't. You came up with your own view of what the poem is saying, and I think it's wonderful, albeit very different from what was in my mind for what it means. That's a huge reason I will never do that haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. in what way do you feel that this poem is different than your other poetry?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just felt the style of it was different for me. The way I did the imagery and what not. Hope you weren't expecting a deep answer here haha.

    ReplyDelete