Welcome

Here's a quick haiku
To introduce me to you.
Do you like the view?

Okay, yeah, I know that was lame. but hey, a rhyming haiku on the spot isn't bad is it? So, welcome to my blog! This will mostly be used to get some interest and feedback on my writing that I've been doing in hopes that by the time I finish my books will be better than if I hadn't done this. I would appreciate comments with your opinions, what you like and don't like, etc.

---Thank you to those who have visited my blog! Deepest apologies for not updating as often as I intended to, I am working on fixing that. Thank you for your time and support, it mean's an incredible amount to me! *Please do have any friends and family you have that may enjoy some of what I write check it out and vote on the poll!!!*---

**Be sure to check the bottom of the page for information and a link about my novel Reversing Retribution which will be made into a movie by Mystic Arts Entertainment**

Thank you everyone for visiting, and hopefully reading so long as your here. Let's hope I don't fall out of my daily writing again any time soon!!!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reversing Retribution pt. 2


(Connects to where I left off).  The door slammed behind the man.  Aidan heard the distinct click of the door locking just as he got onto the porch.
            Nothing will stop me! Aidan’s brain was screaming as he readied to kick down the door.

            Time froze at that moment.  There wasn’t any hesitation, but the moment just seemed to not end.  Every detail was being burned into Aidan’s memory as it was happening. Her expression, that impossibly amazing smile, the brightness in her face, the joy beaming from her eyes, all of it was perfect for this too short of an endless moment.
            Aubrey’s lips parted as she took a quick breath, then screamed like a giddy little girl “Yes!”  Aidan grinned and slowly slid the ring onto her finger.  On cue, fireworks went off.  Aubrey jumped with excitement and held onto Aidan.  As they both watched the small firework show Aidan had set, Aubrey leaned her head on his shoulder and sighed happily.
            “This is perfect Aidan.  I love you, I always will.”

            With a sudden, loud crack Aidan kicked the door in.  No one was in sight in the dark house.  His ears immediately took charge, listening for the slightest of sounds.  He stood motionless, eyes closed, waiting for the vile coward to move.
            Long seconds ticked by.  Then the quiet creak of wood floor reached Aidan’s ears.  The man was upstairs.  Aidan started to go up the stairs, then stopped suddenly.  The few seconds of standing still let his mind get back to thinking instead of just acting.  Aidan found his way to the kitchen, and grabbed a long straight-edged knife.  He also took a frying pan and checked the drawers until he found duct tape, still listening intently for any further sounds from upstairs.
            Treading lightly Aidan made his way up the stairs quietly, lucky to not step anywhere that would make the floor creak.  At the top, Aidan’s heart began to throb as it continued to race.
His emotions and thoughts were spiraling into a heavy feeling.  Hate drove out the impending fear that the killer would kill him before he could take his justice, his revenge, giving this man true retribution.
            The sound had been directly above him when he heard the squeak from downstairs by the now broken front door.  Aidan turned to face the room where another person would be dying this night, and went forward slowly.  His breathing became progressively more shallow and slow until he was close to not breathing at all.  The door was already open.  Aidan had only one step to take to be in the room.

1 comment:

  1. We want more! This excerpt was interesting. I'd like to see how the rest of it pans out.

    ReplyDelete